Miss Bias

05 March 2010

This Week in Review

Well it's been a fairly busy week, with job interviews, working, starting back at university, doing some serious fabric buying at Darn Cheap Fabrics, searching for street style, setting up an ebay account, and working on a small business plan with the help of Fashion Future, I think I could be exhausted. But I have good things planned for the weekend, so I'll rest up tonight in order to be in full spirits come tomorrow.

This week I had a couple of interviews with recruitment agencies to help me find some casual temporary work, whilst I study at uni. Although, I'm studying fashion design at the Whitehouse Institute of Design in Melbourne, I do come from a corporate business world and office work (after 10 years) comes easy to me and pays a little better than retail does. So for the purposes of earning some good, easy cash whilst at uni, I registered with some temping agencies.

I find that working in the corporate environment within major cities, the fashion becomes a little bland. Everywhere you look, there is a sea of black, navy, grey and brown toned suits and everyone starts to look the same. Having a love for colour, I try my best to keep away from the standard "office attire" and like to brighten things up a little. I think it also helps when going for interviews if your wearing colour. At least the interviewer will remember a face to a name. "Oohh, that's right, this CV belongs to that girl who was wearing pink."




During my journeys between interviews, I found this gorgeous woman sitting on the train. Such great street style. When I asked her if I could take her photo because I loved her look, she laughed and said "This is such a random outfit." And I think that's what I love about it.

I recently won one of Fashion Future's $1000 Business Package Prizes and as in my previous Trip to Sydney, met with Pam of Fashion Future to discuss the plan ahead and have been slowly working on a business plan in order to start up a small label at some stage throughout the year. It won't happen over night, but I do hope it will happen at some point down the track.

Well I hope you all have had a great week and are looking forward to your weekend ahead. Enjoy!

No comments: