Miss Bias

02 November 2010

The Melbourne Cup

At last I can say that I've been to the Melbourne Cup. They came from far and wide across the nation to stop and enjoy the many aspects of horse racing. I was entertained all day by fabulous fashions (in which I will dedicate a post or two to), fine fillies, live music and of course the atmosphere and company of 110,000 people. In a previous post, I showed some fabrics that I bought recently and at the time, I wasn't really sure what to do with them. But over the last few weekends, I gradually pulled this dress together. I wasn't even sure if I would finish in time, so I actually didn't buy a ticket to the Cup until last Thursday and purchased my accessories on Sunday and Monday. Talk about leaving it to the last minute. But in the end, I was pretty happy with the final result.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outfit looks great, and love the fascinator, but who are the snazzy men surrounding you, their suits actually complement your outfit.

Katie said...

That's a gorgeous dress! The blue is such a stunning colour and I really like the way it's both toned down and accentuated by the darker pattern on the skirt material. Lovely.

I note you also have the ever-necessary umbrella. I hope it kept you nice and dry on the day.

Miss Bias said...

Thank you for your comments. The umbrella was definitely worth it's value. I did manage to keep myself dry and also some other poor ladies who got caught in the rain.

I have no idea who the snazzy men are. They were a group of gents I bumped into and in the name of fun and fashion we took a photo.

Despite the weather it was a good day.