Miss Bias

30 July 2011

Old Wardrobe Favourite


I've been a bit quite this week in the blogosphere and online frontage. I lost a little inspiration from the lack of having a camera and also I found myself becoming somewhat stressed out and run down. So I thought a little break was needed.

However, today I attended the very first Nuffnang Blogopolis Conference, where blogging minds came together to share their blogging experiences and pick up some great tips. It was an awesome event and I was very thankful for being able to attend.

One of the tips recommended at the conference was to go through your old photos and blog posts to find inspiration. So, I decided to do just that. I was looking through some old photos and found this dress, which was one of my favourite wardrobe pieces. It was so easy to wear and I thought it had a little edge to it. I wore it so often, that when I went home to my parents house at Christmas, I decided to leave it behind because I didn't want it to be in my closet anymore. I thought this way I would choose and wear other wardrobe pieces that normally got neglected. I featured it on the blog about a year ago here.  But I will admit, I miss it terribly.

I'd love to hear and see what wardrobe favourites you once had that you wished you never got rid of....

7 comments:

Michelle's Style File said...

That conference agenda looked awesome! Lovely top.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
GIVEAWAY

Chanelle said...

I once had the chance to buy purple Docs in my size for $7 at my local Salvo's and walked away - biggest regret ever. (I know, I know, not really getting rid of them per se, but it just reminded me of that.)

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

lovely dress! i regret not buying a lace dress, but not really anything i have gotten rid of :))) thanks for the lovely comment!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Sorry we didn't get to meet at Blogopolis - I think you were actually on the table right behind me. I thought you looked familiar but couldn't place you. Silly me for not coming up to you and introducing myself!

Elisabeth said...

i love ur dress (:

xx

http://princesuka.blogspot.com/

Sada said...

The dress is great. At least you can reclaim it next time you visit your parents? I have many, many wardrobe regrets. I'm TOO quick to toss things. I had a vintage 2-pc black silk suit from the 1940s era and wore it to death. One day I decided I'd worn it enough and gave it away.....aaarrrrrggggghhhhh. It still hurts! Lovely blog!
xo
Sada
Dressology HQ

Miss Bias said...

Michelle - it was a great conference. So many wonderful bloggers to share their great blogs and experiences.

Chanelle - I love the purple docs. I used them in my styling for my very first design at uni - punk rock chick. I too wished I had bought them, but they weren't at $7. That was definitely a regretful decision. Hopefully you may stumble across another pair in the future.

Humanityisbeautiful - I love lace. But luckily you can find gorgeous lace dresses everywhere these days.

Julia - no worries. Next time : )

Elisabeth - thank you!

Sada - that's true. I'll be visiting them in summer. A 1940s silk suit. Sounds gorgeous. Although it does sound like a keeper, the person you gave it away to, is probably enjoying it as much as you did.