Miss Bias

08 September 2011

Dreaming of Dior, Chanel and Darnell


Last Friday, I was asked whether I had any plans on Saturday, and if not would I like to help out Charlotte Smith launch her new book "Dreaming of Chanel" at the Melbourne Writers Festival. When I asked what it was that I would be doing, I was thrilled to find out that I would be one of seven girls to get dressed up in Charlotte Smith's famous Darnell Collection, which boasts over 6000 privately owned vintage pieces. Plans or no plans, I wasn't about to miss out on the opportunity, so I delightfully accepted the invitation. When I met Charlotte, I was immediately in awe of this beautifully elegant and down to earth woman. The entire experience from start to finish was absolutely wonderful. I met some really great people and had a fabulous time showing off the stunningly beautiful vintage pieces from the collection. 

Charlotte Smith, Author "Dreaming of Dior" & "Dreaming of Chanel" and owner of the Darnell Collection.

Here we are backstage after hair and makeup, ready to transform ourselves into 1940s and 50s glamour girls. These beautiful young ladies did an amazing job. I was a little doubtful whether I could look as fabulous as they did as I'm actually more than twice their age. Click here and here for before and after shots.
One of my uni colleagues, the stunning Tully, who looked incredible in this outfit.
Another lovely teenage beauty who pulled off this vintage look with ease.

All the handbags were amazingly fabulous with stunning details. 

Every accessory was just perfect. Charlotte did a fantastic job styling the whole show.

A quick backstage shot before heading out to the main stage. Since I was in the show, I couldn't take any photos. However, at the end of the session, I recognised another fabulous fashion blogger, Maryanne of Esme and the Laneway, who was rapidly taking photos of all the outfits in the parade. Maryanne did amazing job at capturing the event. So to see more of the pieces that were on display, head to her blog post here.

8 comments:

Heidy said...

You all look amazing! I love this era of dressing a lot.

deppa said...

Oh wow! you were all looking stunning :)

Pretty experience, clothes and make up.
Have a nice day.

See you!

Andrea said...

very interesting :)

Damar Rivillo said...

sooo chanel... love it

Abi said...

pretty girls and lovely handbags!

Mary said...

Hello good day very interesting post, I will visit that we recommend as well.
A big kiss and happy Sunday.
http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Wow, you all look gorgeous! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing Miss Bias! Absolutely gorgeous!