Although the focus is on the horses, fashions on the field also play a huge part in the attraction to these world class events.
Men and women come from near and far to dress up in their best fashions and strut their personal style among thousands at each of these racing days.
Here are some of my tips for this year's womenswear Spring Racing trends:
1. In line with Spring fashion trends - colour blocking will be all the rage.
2. Vintage inspired frocks with full skirts and cinched in waists will be a key look.
3. Headpieces are a must with this year featuring the cross mix of the hat and fascinator. A headpiece that is bigger than a fascinator but smaller than a hat will be right on trend.
4. Soft, feminine, drape and frills will be design elements to consider.
5. A pant suit will be a stand out if you can pull it off.
6. The clutch will be the handbag of choice.
7. Stick to a theme and don't over do it. If your dress is a feature then keep the accessories simple and vice versa.
Here are some of my Spring Racing inspirations for this year.
Click here for last year's coverage of Spring Racing Fashions.
Stay tuned for the upcoming post on Menswear Spring Racing Fashion.