My end of year uni assessments are based around the concept Tuxedo Divinity. Tuxedo's and their inspiration will be taking a strong hold on most of my creative thoughts in the next couple of months as I work out my final original designs. I thought I would dedicate a post to showing how to bring a little tuxedo style to an outfit without wearing a full traditional tuxedo.
1. Semi formal - wearing a tuxedo inspired suit with a semi formal shirt and simple shoes will bring about a sophisticated and chic look without looking over the top or overdressed.
Photo source: shopemersonmade.com
2. Dress it - bring some tuxedo style to your wardrobe with a tuxedo inspired dress. Dresses with collars, pleats, bibs, tail inspired hems etc will add great variety to your closet.
Photo source: trendista.com
3. Go short - a great way to bring the tuxedo look into your spring/summer wardrobe is to wear the tuxedo short suit. This look will still bring all the appeal of a full tuxedo suit but will be much more comfortable to wear during summer.
Photo source: wwd.com
4. Casual - you can still look cool and sophisticated with a casual tuxedo inspired look. A quality white shirt with tuxedo detailing paired with casual bottoms will still bring the desired effect to your outfit.
Photo source: jcrew.com
5. Fashion Forward - be fashion forward and get the tuxedo inspiration directly from the runway. Get an interesting tuxedo look with mixing and matching traditional pieces with interesting pieces.
Photo source: style.com
6. Details - add a little personality to your tuxedo style with detailed nails and accessories that give you that extra edge.
Photo source: chalkboardnails.tumblr.com